If you have a passion for the Fine Arts, nothing beats spending time at one of the best museums in the United States. Because there are so many incredible options, you have the opportunity to visit different museums during your travels. And with many museums and constantly changing displays and exhibits, you will never become bored, even when visiting the same venue time after time. Here are our travel tips for the best museums in the country.
Amazing Museum Options
- Metropolitan Museum of Art—Located in the heart of NYC, this museum is not only the largest in the US, but also one that houses over two million pieces as part of the permanent collection. Items are curated from the Middle East, Asia, Europe, and Africa.
- National Gallery of Art—Established in 1937, this Washington, DC museum is divided to include east and west buildings. The East Building is primarily for modern art and exhibition space, while the West Building houses the majority of the museum’s European and American collections.
- Museum of Modern Art—In Manhattan, N.Y., this museum offers an extensive collection of Modernist art. Creations by Pollock, Van Gogh, Picasso, and Rousseau are on display, among others.
- Art Institute of Chicago—At this museum, you will discover both Impressionist and Post-Impressionist art. This renowned museum also houses a wonderful collection of African American art.
- Museum of Fine Arts Boston—With over 450,000 works of art, this museum is one of the largest in the country. Some of the best-known collections include Egyptian art, American art, and French Impressionist paintings.
- Smithsonian American Art Museum—When visiting Washington, DC, you definitely want to spend time at this museum, which houses work from literally all genres.
- de Young Museum—This San Francisco museum has over 13,000 textiles and costumes on display, which make up the magnificent de Young textiles collection.
- Los Angeles County Museum of Art—With over 100,000 works of art dating from ancient times to today, this museum has enough to impress anyone. In particular, the Korean art collection, the largest outside of Korea, is inspiring and beautiful.
- Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum—This art museum resides in a Frank Lloyd Wright-designed building in Manhattan. Originally opened in 1939, this museum now displays a core abstract collection, with Pop art, Dada, Surrealism, and Impressionism works as well.
- Austin Museum of Digital Art—For something unique, you should visit this Austin, Tx. museum, which celebrates digital art, and is without question one of the country’s best museums.
A Day of Easy Transportation
If you’re visiting several art museums in one particular city, the most logical way to get around is by limo. After all, spending time at art museums is supposed to be calm and relaxing. With a chauffeur, there is no stress in dealing with traffic and other annoyances of the road.Tags: top museums, travel tips