Everyone loves music, and to celebrate, festivals are held every year throughout the country. Regardless of your preferred genre, there are multiple opportunities to get together with friends for a great time listening to talented bands and solo artists.
Exciting Festivals for Different Genres of Music
Because there are so many music festivals in the United States, here’s a list of 10 most popular annual events in the US:
1. Newport Folk Festival (Newport, Rhode Island) – For 2015, this music festival is scheduled for July 24 through July 26. As an American tradition, the Newport Folk Festival draws crowds from all over. For three days, top artists lend their talents, including Ryan Adams, Lake Street Dive, Jack White, Valerie June, and more, in a beautiful setting across from Narragansett Bay.
2. Lollapalooza (Chicago, Illinois) – One of the hottest musical festivals in the country is Lollapalooza. This year, the lineup includes Eminem, Skrillex, Calvin Harris, Childish Gambino, Arctic Monkeys, Lorde, Nas, King of Leon, and a cameo appearance from Rihanna. From July 31 through Aug. 2, festivalgoers will have incredible fun.
3. KCON (Los Angeles, California and Newark, New Jersey) – Held in California from July 31 through Aug. 2 and then in New Jersey on Aug. 8, this is a great music festival. Although the talent for 2015 has yet to be announced, every year the lineup is impressive. Along with music, you can enjoy meet-and-greets, workshops, games, and a variety of other activities.
4. Riot Fest (Chicago, Illinois) – From Sept. 11 through 13, both mainstream and independent artists along with legendary bands and punk rock stars will get the crowd going. The list of artists for 2015 has not yet been released, but it will be amazing.
5. TomorrowWorld (Chattahoochee Hills, Georgia) – The lineup for 2015 is still to be announced, but since being founded in 2013, TomorrowWorld has impressed. This music festival is the U.S. expansion of TomorrowLand, a global phenomenon. In addition to fantastic music, you can sleep in Dreamville, an area designated specifically for campers. The festival starts Sept.25 and ends on Sept. 27.
6. Austin City Limits Festival (Austin, Texas) – Past artists include Calvin Harris, Eminem, Outkast, Beck, and others, so you can expect the same high caliber of performers on Oct. 2 through 4 and then again Oct. 9 through 11. Typically, tickets sell out fast for this popular fall music festival.
7. CMJ Music Marathon (New York, New York) – Although the exact date and artist lineup for this music festival have not been released, the event typically occurs around the third week of October and lasts a full week. Artists may not be as well-known as those who perform at other festivals, but this is an amazing event where raw talent is exposed.
8. The Fest (Gainesville, Florida) – For those who love punk rock, this is the music festival to hit. Last year’s lineup included Banner Pilot, Less than Jake, Lifetime, Hot Water Music, and more, so this year is expected to have the same great level of music. More than likely, the festival will be held from Oct. 30 through Nov. 2.
9. Voodoo Music Experience (New Orleans, Louisiana) – This is another great music festival in the U.S. scheduled for Oct.30 through Nov. 1. Every year, this fall festival has incredible talent, making it an excellent choice.
10. Fun Fun Fun Fest (Austin, Texas) – Held annually in early November, this music festival is loaded with fun and great music. Rather than huge names, the lineup consists of progressive and independent artists.
Of course, it’s no surprise that Chicago is on this list more than one time! If you plan on attending any of the festivals listed above, trust that Pontarelli Transportation can get you there safely, whether you’re in a group or just a couple of friends.Tags: chicago music, music festivals