Whether you’re buying a brand new car or one that was previously owned, this is a major investment. Therefore, it is important that you know what to look for prior to signing on the dotted line. Of course, you can always depend on a limo service in Chicago if you prefer, but if you have your sights set on getting a vehicle, the information provided will help.
Important Buying Tips
- Determine Priorities—In buying a car, you need to decide what things are most important. For instance, a safe and reliable car may be more important than price or perhaps a car loaded with high-tech features takes precedence over exterior color.
- Narrow Down Your List—Make a list of potential makes and models based on lifestyle, budget, driving distance, number of passengers, performance needs, and so on. With this, you avoid wasting time looking at cars that would not benefit you.
- Create a Budget—Obviously, budget plays a huge role in the type of car that you buy. By looking at income versus debt, you gain a much better understanding of what you can actually afford in a monthly car payment. Keep in mind that in addition to the payment, you are responsible for taxes, licensing, insurance, maintenance, and so on.
- Trade-In/Down Payment—You need to conduct research on any trade-in so you know the fair market value for that vehicle. In addition, if you realize that you need a lower monthly payment, consider putting more money down. Once you determine the trade-in value or the amount of money down to keep the monthly payment within budget, you need secure and appropriate financing.
- Car Pricing—There are three distinct types of car pricing. First, the invoice price, which is the dealer’s cost for the vehicle only. In other words, things like advertising, selling, displaying, preparing, and financing expenses are not included. Second is the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP), which is the sticker price that must be posted on a new vehicle according to law. Third is the fair purchase price, which is the actual value according to Kelley Blue Book.
- Conduct Thorough Research—After identifying a car of interest, pull up a safety report using the VIN number. You also want to research safety record, capabilities, fuel efficiency, and resell value of the make and model you’re interested in buying.
Using Chicago Limousine Service
Even after purchasing a car, you can always use a Chicago limo service, especially for special events like a wedding or prom, when entertaining clients, or for a romantic evening out with a loved one. No matter what you’re doing, a Chicago limousine service enhances the experience.Tags: chauffeur advice, tips