If you have upcoming business meetings scheduled in Chicago but have an itinerary that leaves you with hours in-between, you can experience some of the things the Windy City has to offer. Here are some of the great options.
Things to See and Do
- Lincoln Park Zoo – From this park, you can take in amazing skyline views of the city. In addition, you can see a nice variety of newborn and adult animals while strolling through the zoo and even grab a quick bite to eat.
- Millennium Park – This is one of the most beautiful parks in Chicago, which boasts one of the most stunning pieces of public art on display. During the summer, free concerts are performed but even in the winter, the park is enchanting. If time allows, you can ice skate or simply enjoy the beautiful fountain.
- Navy Pier – Another great place to spend a few hours while waiting for the next business meeting is Navy Pier. Stretched out over 50 acres, this destination offers a number of great shops, magnificent gardens, eateries, amusement rides, and more. Even a stroll along the waterfront boardwalk is an excellent way to unwind.
- Hyde Park Art Center – You might also consider spending a little time at this venue, which for 75 years has been an important part of the art scene in Chicago. Along with permanent exhibitions, the center offers temporary displays of great interest.
- Dank-Haus German American Cultural Center – Located in Lincoln Square, this center is home to the DANK museum along with a library and Scharpenberg art gallery. The cultural center is an amazing place of interest and education.
- Oriental Institute – If preferred, you can head over to Hyde Park to the world-renowned Oriental Institute. On display is an incredible array of art, history, and archeology from the ancient Near East. Included in the permanent galleries devoted to ancient Egypt, Persia, Syria, Nubia, Anatolia, Mesopotamia, and other ancient Megiddo sites are objects excavated by the Oriental Institute.
Reaching the Destination
Regardless of which option you decide on, the easiest way to reach your destination is by hiring a chauffeur. The professional drivers from Pontarelli know the way around Chicago, so you can have confidence that you will make it back to your next business meeting on time.Tags: chicago events, travel tips